Since most of my family live in sunny Arizona or warm Texax, I have to remind them that being in cold, snowy weather in the winter can also be fun. I've been thinking, the last month or so, that getting the exercise that our bodies need to be healthy should be FUN! I enjoy excercising by walking outdoors, hiking, bike riding, playing tennis, etc. BUT.....those things come to a screeching halt in the wintertime. So, I decided it was time to get outdoors and do some fun things. But what? Downhill skiing is pretty expensive and it takes a little while to drive there. Snowmobiling is fun, but you don't get a lot of exercise and you need a SNOWMOBILE. So yesterday, was the most beautiful, sunny day we've had in a long time and I decided I was going out! I called my friend, Cindy, who is also a really fun loving person, and she joyously agreed to going sledding with me. It's free, it's close, and it is FUN. It is also a good workout, climbing up the hill so you can go down again. So off we went. It was 20 degrees when we left and 18 degrees when we went home. Here are some pictures:

Cindy

Me and Cindy
The run. There is a big bump right there that was fun to go over, but kind of a big jar when we landed.
The saucers.
Cindy
Cindy going over the bump.
Heading down the hill.
Me walking up the hill. (The exercise part )
Me getting ready to go down the hill. (The motivation for the exercise)
Me going down the hill.
Still going down the hill. It's progressively getting more fun right about now!
Ending the run! Oh my, that is FUN, FUN, FUN!!!
They also have groomed paths for cross country skiing at this park. We are going to try that out one of these days too. I'll keep you posted. We're going sledding again today. It is sunny again today, but pretty cold (notice the temperature widget on my blog, upper right side. Right now it says -3). We don't care, because we are actually sweating when while were playing! Did I mention, IT'S FUN!!!
3 comments:
You are awesome! Wish I could have seen you:-) What a fun Grandma you are!!!
You DID do it! You are SO fun!! I wish we lived closer to each other!!! That lucky Cindy!
COOL!!! I mean cold!
I see it's -11 degrees in Idaho Falls right now, by the way. It's only 34 degrees here in Queen Creek right now, too (and it's 10 o'clock in the morning). And it's a little bit breezy, too, so it seems colder.
How do you spell COLD FRONT?
Post a Comment