Monday, January 24, 2011

Hoar Frost

This morning I opened my blinds (and I don't mean my eyelids) and I was blessed with a view of this beautiful panorama.

I don't think the pictures do it justice, but one of the scenes we get to enjoy (as a prize for having to live in the cold country) is "Hoar Frost".  It is really quite a pretty thing to see.  I also want to ask, "what color is the sky in a couple of these pictures?"  That's right, it IS BLUE!!!! 
And in this picture, in addition to another lovely picture of the hoar frost on the trees, you will note the SUN peeking it's head up over the horizon.  Yeah!!!!  It is a BEAUTIFUL sunny day with blue skies today!  I didn't say WARM, but it is BEAUTIFUL!  A great day for skiing or snowshoeing or sledding or something fun!  Make it a Great Day!!  Winters in Idaho signing off!

2 comments:

ikathy33 said...

This is gorgeous!! I know it's also cold, but it's so pretty. I remember days like that in Idaho.

I wouldn't have know you posted this if you hadn't sent the email.

Cheryl said...

And to think I couldn't make myself get out of bed this morning until... well, very late, because it was SO cold. If I feel this way in Arizona, I would DIE in Idaho. It IS very beautiful, though!