Friday, March 12, 2010

Hope

I have a few pictures I took in my camera that I wanted to use in my blog.  Some of them are a little late for the occasion, but I'm still going to use them today. (Mostly because I want to blog today and I don't have any other pictures ready).
This is a belated birthday celebration with my friends at "Babe's Restaurant" which seems to be our favorite place to go.  We love the food and the birthday person gets a free dessert of their choice.

My dessert choice was a raspberry cream pie.  Notice all the plates.  We share with our friends.  It is a delicious dessert that my friend, Christine, (shown here) introduced me to.  Thanks Chris!
I titled this post "Hope" for a couple of reasons. 
1.  I "hope" that I will always be surrounded by good friends like these.
2.  I "hope" I can enjoy these kinds of delicious desserts in moderation without bodily harm.

When I picked Fred up from work the other night, I was favored by this beautiful full moon.  (the picture really doesn't do it justice).
I "Hope" I will always appreciate the beauties that the Lord has created and always get the same thrill as I did with seeing this beautiful full moon.

Now here is real "hope".  Do you see that LITTLE patch of snow over there by our shed?  Do you notice that the rest of the grass is devoid of snow?  I love spring.  And here the term "spring" is used loosely.  It could still snow next week, but I "Hope" it doesn't.  I'm excited today by the sunshine and "the hope of spring.  (I never really appreciated that saying before I moved here.  I think Idaho Falls may be where that term originated from.)

And my "Hope" for everyone today, is to learn and understand the greatest "Hope" of all: (Click on links below to view 2 of my favorite videos on the subject)


"Hope" you all have a wonderful day!!!

4 comments:

Cheryl said...

Great message! I needed that today... how did you know? You are a great example to me. Thanks, sister.

ikathy33 said...

Thanks for blogging, Linda. I love to read what you are doing and thinking. And you made me happy with your post. Thanks, I love.

Brianne said...

Great post! It was fun talking to you and Fred on the computer :) Hey if you want to get away from the snow I know a beautiful state full of people you love who would love to see you :)

Patty's Place said...

I "hope" you know how much I love you!!