Friday, February 19, 2010

AND A WONDERFUL DAY IT WAS!!!

Yesterday was a great day!  It was extra nice for me because Fred was able to take the day off and spend it with me.  He went the extra mile to help me have an extra nice day.  I turned 56 (yes, that's right) yesterday, but, luckily I still feel 26 or 36.  The first thing that was extra nice for me was this:
 What color would you say that sky is:
Blue, did you say?  Yes, that's right, we had a beautiful, sunny day with bright blue skies.  What a great gift that was!
I don't think you can see it, but the snow sparkles, like diamonds, when the sun shines on it.

Then we went to IHOP to have brunch.  I had a yummy plate of eggs, bacon, sausage, ham and pancakes.  Mmmmm, mmmmmmm.

Then we went looking for some used ice skates at D.I., but couldn't find any.  We have an ice rink that they make every year in the parking lot at the park right by my house.  So I wanted to give it a try, but no skates.  Maybe next year.  Then later we were going to go to Sandpipers for dinner, but we weren't really hungry, so we decided to just go to Wendy's and get their $.40 hamburgers, fries, and pop that they had on sale yesterday.  It was fun and just the right amount of food.  I think it cost us $1.75  and that made it fun too!
After we finished at Wendy's, we proceeded to :Yes, indeed, you're reading that correctly, COLD STONE Creamery.  Did you know that you can sign up at their website and get a free dish of ice cream and 1 topping on your birthday?  We always do this on our birthdays.  I chose a dish of delicious chocolate cake mix ice cream with snicker bar in it.  Mmmmm, Mmmm.  Fred and I shared it which made it just the right amount for me. I forgot to take a picture of my ice cream so here's a picture to help out the imagination.  Of course, mine wasn't as fancy as this.  Also, my sweet visiting teacher brought by a gift of Florence's Chocolates and a card.  Thanks, Thirza!
To top of the day, we went to see "Did You Hear About the Morgans".  We really enjoyed it.  I  thought it was really funny.
The other thing that I look forward to each year on my birthday is the rousing chorus of "Happy Birthday to You" sung to me by my grandchildren.  I don't think anything beats that!  I Love IT!!!!
And it was a Good Day!.........

7 comments:

Cheryl said...

Happy Birthday! You have on that cute coat you bought when Kathy and I came up for.... what was that for again?... something. Anyway, it's so cute on you and YOU ARE SO CUTE! you little 56 year old that feels 26 or 36 (ten years is nothing to us anymore... it's all relative- ha ha). Glad you took all the pics... you know I like pics! Thanks.

Christine said...

Glad you had a Great Birthday!

ikathy33 said...

You went to the Paramount Theatre? I thought that closed years ago!! Now you have to tell me all about that because I'm interested in what theaters there are in Idaho Falls, just in case, and of coarse the Paramount was one that we went to as kids. I can tell that's not the same one but ????? Sounds like you had a great day! Fun, Fun, Fun!!

Sanette said...

What a blast! You gave me some good ideas for my b-day. You think Brian would take off for me? I'm glad you had a fun filled day! We love you so much, thanks for posting with wonderful pictures, the girls absolutely loved them!!!!

Cheryl said...

Updaaaaaaate. You were doing so good.

Patty's Place said...

I know I didn't comment on the actualy day of your birthday and I even called you days after your birthday (bad sister) but I do love you! You always look young to me :)

Tara said...

Happy happy birthday a little late! Love all the pics, I felt like I was there celebrating with you. I think of you as 26 or 36 so that works out great that that is how you think of yourself too. You're the best!