Friday, February 12, 2010

It's a Good Thing!



I saw where the BYU channel has a program called Look for the Good in the World (or something like that). I decided that I want to share something good in the world each time I blog. So here is one thing that I don't usually look at in a good way all the time.

"SNOW"
I had to go out and shovel snow today (since it snowed last night, again) and at first I thought about how cold it was and how hard it is to shovel, etc. But then....I thought about the good.

I got some good exercise!

YEAH!!! FINISHED!!! Isn't that nice!

Snow really is pretty!








When summer comes, we will have beautiful soft green grass and water for our crops.
Now we get to the GOOD stuff.
I had a craving to go sledding, so when Fred got home from work, off we went.<
















It was so fun especially when I hit some bumps and
"caught some air"!


It was really FUN!!! Wish some certain grandchildren were here to join in the fun!!


Then I just had to make an snow angel!!


Here is the angel making process. (Boy it has been a LONG, LONG time since I made a snow angel!!!)
>>


This one's for you Ali Kay! She is always wanting to make snow angels.









We wanted to make a SNOWMAN too, but ran out of daylight.


We might make one tomorrow!




That was one fun day!! Looking for the good in the world IS A GOOD THING!!!

5 comments:

ikathy33 said...

I love it!! What a great idea and it really looks like you had a great time and got some good exercise, too. Didn't it make you feel young again?? Sort of young anyway?

Red Head Family said...

I love it-you went sledding without kids!!! That's the way I look at shoveling too!! thanks for putting smile on my face this morning

Cheryl said...

You are so fun!!! I love it that you WANTED to go sledding and then DID IT! Good job on the driveway, skinny minnie.

Sanette said...

Oh, it makes me kind of sad that we could't go sledding with you--FUUNN!! I'm glad you went and had fun and looked for the good--GREAT pictures!!!!!!!

Steve and Erin Larsen said...

Okay, you are officially awesome! That is so great you and Fred went sledding together! You guys are so cool!!