Kathy turned 6 years old about 2 weeks after I was born. I don't think Tim, who was just 2 years old at the time, was very excited about me being born, but I think Kathy may have been happy to have a little sister.

Bob and Kathy.
Kathy was my idol. I wanted to be just like her. I remember growing up, thinking " how beautiful she is." I would watch her fix her hair in the latest fashion and try to copy her. We both have naturally curly hair and I learned how to smooth my hair out by drying it in HUGE curlers (not curling irons or even blow dryers way back then). I would watch her put on make up and try to copy her. (She has the LONGEST eyelashes, so I save a little money on mascara compared to her). I always wished I could play with her, but alas, I was just about 3 or 4 years too young.


Top: Kathy
Bottom: Linda and Fred
Notice the hairstyles. See what I mean about
copying her. She was so pretty! When looking at this picture, I think I almost look
like her. Yeah!!
I remember that she always had the cutest clothes and I was sooooo excited when I got old enough to fit into a shirt or sweater of hers, and guess what, she was such a good sister she would let me borrow it! She did it happily and never made me feel guilty or anything. I was so excited to have something new and chic to wear that day.
Here's a picture of Fred, Jim and Kathy at my house. Boy, was I excited to have them
come and visit me!!! I don't get that many visits from my family up here. It's kind of
far and I usually go down there so I can see EVERYONE.
I'm still trying to copy her. She lives so far away from me that I don't get to see her enough to know how to copy her, but I wish I could be more like her in so many ways. Luckily, we are sealed together as a family and I can keep watching and copying her for eternity. She will always be my big sister and how thankful I am for that!! Love you, Kathy!
Cheryl and Kathy at the motel with me when we went to Aunt Pearl's funeral.
Okay, just put forth a little effort and turn your head to see this picture. I tried for the longest time to figure out how to turn it, but gave up. Anyway, we had fun together on this little trip, wish we could all go on a little trip again soon.
Have a great birthday. If I lived there, I'd take you to lunch today!!!!





6 comments:
Nice tribute Linda!! Kathy is such a great sister. I'm so glad I can make a comment as 'one of her sisters', because everyone else is probably jealous that they aren't one of the 'Steele sisters'... oh did I just put that in print? :P
Happy Birthday Kathy!!
Oh, Linda, that was so sweet! Heaven only knows why you would want to copy me EVER but that was so nice that you would say that!! It's funny, now that I think of it, I always wanted to be like you!!
That is the sweetest tribute and true. She really is such a wonderful sister and I am so grateful that she is mine (ours) I love all my sister!!
That is so neat to read. I look at my own girls and realize the age difference would be Haley and Caitlyn. I hope they turn out to be such sweet sisters to each other as you and Aunt Kathy were.
That was a fun post to read! I Loved seeing all the pictures.
That was a very sweet tribute to Aunt Kathy! She really is so strikingly beautiful! But then again, so are you!
Post a Comment