Thursday, January 29, 2009

Is it spring yet?

I'm sure some of you are wondering,"what do people who have cold winters do"? (Kathy, Cheryl, and all you Arizona people). Well, I just thought I would give you a look at where I like to hang out. I stay inside alot. I have been taking an online class and this is where I took it. Notice the space heater (which I am addicted to). Our house is actually nice and warm, I just like my space heater to get toasty warm. (kind of reminds me of Arizona in the summer time).


Here is a picture of our home with all the snow around. Notice that we don't have beautiful red bushes anymore.


Here is a look down the street. Not too bad, really.
I get a little arm exercise from shoveling snow occasionally.
Any of you who have seen our backyard, this is a picture of our deck. Notice that you
can't see any step since the snow is level with the step up onto the deck.
And last, but not least, here is a picture of our car in the garage. Notice the snow on top.
Due to the extreme cold, that snow will just stay there. It never melts until it gets quite a
bit warmer outside.
Now, I know you are all thinking why would anyone live there. I have to tell you though
there is at least one advantage. We can go grocery shopping, buy ice cream or other frozen foods and go shopping at other places or run other errands and our food doesn't melt since IT'S LIKE A FREEZER OUTSIDE!!!!!!
HAVE A GREAT DAY EVERYONE! Oh, and Cheryl, HAPPY BIRTHDAY tomorrow!!!
WINTERS IN IDAHO, SIGNING OFF!

10 comments:

Cheryl said...

I see it's all the way up to 14 degrees out now. OH BOY! I do love the pics though. There is something enticing about snow and cold, it's better than cold and no snow... you kinda want to see it too. Hot cocoa on a snowy day, in a warm room with a window... my kind of day.

Brianne said...

Beautiful Pictures!!!! I love all the snow! I would love to come visit you in all that snow sometime :) Your house looks beautiful I can't wait to see it in person sometime. What online class are you taking?

ikathy said...

Cozy, beautiful, pictures. Almost, I could want to move to Idaho Falls. Almost. I think I could love the snow and winter if it didn't go on and on and on (much like the summers do here!). And I'm glad to see you've advanced to a space heater instead of a hairdryer. Or is the hairdryer still used in other part of the house? Also, I'm impressed that you went out and took the pictures--the house really does look beautiful with the snow. I'm impressed!! Good blog!
What online class are you taking?? Brianne and I want to know.

Linda's Latest said...

I was taking real estate continuing ed classes so I can renew my license.

W.W. said...

I like your new tables. Adam is addicted to blow dryers and space heaters too. Brrrrr!!!!

Sanette said...

That's ALOT of SNOW!! Yea, I used to miss it, but not so much anymore. It's hard to believe that I used to love to play in it even though I would freeze especially after it melted and I was soaking wet--uuugghhh I hate wet feet!!
Brian wants red bushes like yours.

Andrea said...

What a beautiful home. Kelly and I have been living in Texas for the past six years, so we have been out of snow for a while. He has been deployed to Iraq and so I am back in Utah staying with my family and I forgot just how much it snows and how cold it gets here.

danielle said...

I can relate to this post!! I do love that we can shop all day and our frozen food stays frozen C:

Steve and Erin Larsen said...

Happy Birthday Linda! It sure looks cold up there! I really like how you decorated your family room! Nice color choices! Very cute!

I will work on your closet organization post! Sorry, life have been super busy for me that I don't blog as much as I use to! But I will get to that hopefully soon! :)

Megs said...

Happy day late Birthday...Hope it was a great day!!!!