Well, last night was our big Christmas Concert. I am singing in the Sounds Choir this year. (Fred got a pretty good picture of me in the 2nd picture from the bottom above singing a solo.) It is a choir that you have to audition to be in and it is pretty intense to prepare for a concert. You have to have all the music memorized (we did 16 songs last night) and we practice every Thursday night from 7:30 till 10:00 pm starting in Sept. Then the end of October we start having a rehersal every Tues. night from 7:30 - 10:00pm along with a 3 hour Sat. rehersal the Sat. before the concert. But it is all worth it. The concert was beautiful and it is very rewarding.
We will be singing at the Tabernacle in Salt Lake next November. We also get invited to sing at other special places, like last year (although I wasn't a member then) they went to Carnegie Hall and sang the Requiem directed by the composer, John Rutter. (He is one of my favorite composer/arrangers). We will begin rehersals for our spring concert in Jan. Then in April they sponsor a big musical, which is Joseph's Amazing Technicolor dreamcoat, this year. So it keeps me busy. But last night's concert was a nice prelude to the Christmas season. We also had Miss Idaho 2008, Elise Davis, perform a couple of songs with us. (There is a picture of her above, oh, I guess THAT is the 2nd picture from the bottom. I thought that was ME, but I also thought that was kind of weird, because I didn't sing a solo last night. Man I thought Fred really got a good shot of me, and he did, I guess, I'm in the 2nd picture from the top.) It was really a nice evening, it would've been fun to be Miss Idaho, but Fred did tell me that he thought I would have done just as well or better than her in singing her solos. Wasn't that nice?!!!!





7 comments:
That was nice of Fred to say that but it was also TRUE! I'm impressed with your talent. You're so awesome!
Wow, you are pretty much the most famous person I know! Whoop whoop!
Wish we could have been there. Maybe you can do an abbreviated version on Christmas Eve and get that solo in! You will always be "Miss Idaho" in our hearts...
Wish I could have been there to hear you. Too bad we didn't stay in Idaho all those many years ago, you would have been Miss Idaho for sure. I LOVE YOUR VOICE!!!!!!! You already knew that--and I LOVE YOU--you already knew that, too,( I hope!)
I wish I could be there to hear this beautiful choir. I know it must be beautiful if you are in it! I love your voice so much! You could absolutely do a wonderful solo!
You are Miss Idaho to me! I love to hear you sing and wish I could have been there. I agree with Whitney, you should give us a little mini concert when you get here. I am so excited to see you! I love you!!!
When I went up to look at the second picture from the bottom to see the pic Fred took of you, I was like "Wow Linda, you grew your hair out long and colored it light and completely changed your face!" I liked the old linda better! ha ha. Sounds like fun to be in that choir! I have always loved your voice!
Post a Comment