Sunday, November 30, 2008

Birthday Greetings

I wanted to say that among all the Thanksgiving festivities I had the celebration of birthdays for two very important people in my life. The first one was on Thanksgiving day itself. Whitney, Adam's wife, had her birthday that day. She is a great blessing in our family. I enjoy her and we have become great friends.

Today is Fred's birthday! Happy Birthday Fred! We were just saying the other day that we still feel like we're 30 or 40. So for those of you who are wondering what it is like to get older, it feels the same as being young on the inside, it's just that your body reminds you more and more often that you aren't 30 or 40 anymore. Well, I hope Fred had a great birthday. We didn't do anything really special because he didn't want that, but we had a nice long weekend together. We went to breakfast one day, went to a couple of movies and went shopping and just enjoyed being together.

So happy birthday Fred and Whitney, and hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving day as well.

4 comments:

Sanette said...

Dad will always be young to me. Even Meghan said (after I told her his age) "he doesn't seem that old". We love ya dad!!! Hope you had a great b-day!

Patty's Place said...

I loved talking to you today Linda, I can't wait to see you for Christmas. And Happy Birthday Fred!

Brianne said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY Uncle Fred!!! I think you are right, your age is more on the inside than the outside :) Also happy birthday Whitney, I am so glad Adam found someone so amazing to join the family!

ikathy said...

I'm always so happy when I see that you have posted a blog. But what word verification thing are you talking about? Send me a private email, so I don't look so stupid if you don't mind. It is early in the morning but I still should be able to THINK and I could only think, "word verification thing, what's that?" Silly me!:)