It's been about 10 months now since mom has passed away. This is the first birthday that she has been gone. I just wanted to pay tribute to her and express my appreciation for her and all she meant to me.
Looking back, mom taught us how to take care of a house. I remember waxing floors and cleaning ovens (the old fashioned way, we didn't have self-cleaning ovens back then)and refrigerators (no self defrosting refrigerators back then either). And there was nothing quite as nice as coming home to fresh baked bread. Which she made sure we knew how to do. She taught me how to iron and sew and I grew to love music as I would watch her in various singing groups. I remember watching her as she practiced with a ladies group and I thought to myself that someday I would sing in a group like that too. Thanks Mom!
I think she did a great job of raising 7 children, especially considering that her own mother died when she was eleven and so she never really had the counsel and advice of a mother to help her along with raising her children.
Anyway, I love her and I am thinking of her today!
3 days ago





5 comments:
You made me CRY!!! I can't stop thinking about her today. She was an amazing woman who just persevered. She was fun, funny, and loved the Lord. I miss her. Thanks, for the great tribute. Can I send my (many) readers to your blog to see the pictures? Dang it, I can't seem to scan mine. :(
I miss grandma soooo much! She was so funny and loved grandpa so much. I love the way she always looked so nice. Whenever I see pink, especially a pink rose I think of her (and my mom) :) Love you grandma! Happy Birthday!
You did an amazing job scanning those pictures. That was beautiful. And a beautiful tribute to a beautiful mother. Thank you, you brought back a lot of memories. I love mom and miss her so much. And I love her wonderful family, too.
Love, KATHY
That was beautiful, I love Mom so very much and miss her terribly. I look forward to seeing her again. The pictures are awesome!
She was definitely an extraordinary woman with so many admirable qualities! I miss her and can't wait to get to know her better in the next life! Thanks for the lovely tribute! Love ya!
Post a Comment