Sunday, October 5, 2008

General Conference

I just want to say that I feel so blessed to be able to participate in General Conference here at home. We live about 3 hours away from Salt Lake City, and we may go to conference in April 2009, but it is so nice that it is made available to everyone through radio, satellite, and t.v.

After this conference, I realize even more that the Lord loves us and we are in good hands with the men and women He has chosen to lead us. If only we were better at following their
direction. I want to do better. Several times in the last week, it has been emphasized that we need to obey with EXACTNESS. In my institute class this week, we were talking about Captain Moroni and one of the things that made him so great is that he obeyed with exactness. We are prone to obey what we want to obey and make excuses for the things that we don't really want to do, my teacher said. It is something to ponder. Anyway, I feel like we would all be better off if we would obey the Lord with exactness and follow his prophet with exactness. I hope I can do better.

1 comment:

Brianne said...

true! I know I need to work on that. I love conference!!